When it was still too early to admit the sex of our baby, I had a clear vision of a dad I more than wanted Damian to be. And as it was going to be a girl, I more than squealed because I didn't need reassurance from what kind of dad he'd be moulding into. And which quality do I like, respect the most if there are that many? I put together a small list of things I'm happy to witness day by day, in hundreds of ways.
- Loving Nadia unconditionally doesn't always match him having patience for everything she does or has all the time in the world for but being there whenever she needs him, responding to weird ideas this scheme called parenting ever witnessed is what I'm scooping up with both hands. Falling asleep cuddled together on the dark skin of our sofa, achieving maximum of quality time in late hours of a long working day has never had me wanting to catch a little of the flavour they diffuse. His attention is always aimed at her whether educational or fun activities shape up energy of the moment.
- Her dad's appearance, kindness, perfectionism and a lot more to be excited about or to desperately avoid create that magical formula that will have an influence on Nadia's future partner. A lot will be going on in that field so I salute you, Damian!
- How we talk to each other, how we live and what we need to be happy means more than ever before. By following his instincts to be the best husband he is, there's not much time to think if what Damian's doing would be successful or not, yet it proves to give unexpectedly satisfying results. Nadia is watching how he treats his wife and his attitude is everything, not to mention a lot of lightness and irony gets thrown in to raise some heartbeats in the process.
- Teaching her what he does best only works when I'm not around as it can get too crazy at times. We're talking mastering skills of using Xbox controller, riding bikes down the hill on a full speed, shaking off excess water from freshly washed laundry (not that it's too crazy to monitor the experience). Moderation is not an option as there are those motor skills to get mastered and Nadia's dad has been the creative force behind her crazy moves.
- Who knew making memories equals satisfying appetite for all things girlie?
- Showing up to her events, or even better taking her there and cheering up each pirouette (ballet classes) has allowed me never underestimate the role of father in a girl's life. She made all kinds of crazy progress while feeling happy in her own pink tutu that her dad's contribution in every tap, skip and swish is all I can think of.
- Doing her hair and nails will give you far better idea what a man has to be prepared for when having two women at home. If Nadia asks for her nails painted, most probably mine will be still in less touchable state so the pleasure of selecting tools and colours is passed onto the next adult in our household. Small nails are not too big a commitment and the layers can be easily changed back if mama's varnish has dried.